Date: 26th February 2023, 4 PM – 4:45 PM
Moderator: Michaela Lallouz
Speakers: Florencia SM Brück, Javier Krasuk, Auronda Scalera, Alfredo Cramerotti
A fire-shooting conversation on the convergence of contemporary and digital art, based on 10 questions:
- What defines contemporary digital art, and how has it evolved over time?
- How does contemporary digital art challenge traditional notions of art and creativity, and what new opportunities does it present for artists?
- How has the rise of digital technology and social media impacted contemporary art, and how have artists adapted to these changes?
- What are some of the most significant contemporary digital art movements and styles, and what makes them unique?
- How can we better integrate contemporary digital art into mainstream art spaces, and what challenges do we face in doing so?
- How can we support emerging digital artists and provide them with the resources and opportunities they need to succeed?
- What role do institutions like museums and galleries play in promoting and showcasing contemporary digital art, and how can they better engage with audiences?
- How do contemporary digital artists navigate issues of copyright and intellectual property, and what challenges do they face in protecting their work?
- How does contemporary digital art reflect and comment on contemporary social and political issues, and what impact can it have on society?
- What do you see as the future of contemporary digital art, and how will it continue to evolve and shape the art world?